Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sigh

Imagine a giant wrench. No, really...make it cartoon big. Now double it in size. Now throw it into your plans for the next couple of years. That's kinda how I feel.

We were informed yesterday (my last day of ConGen) that Malachi's Class 2 Medical clearance prohibits us from serving in Chengdu. A few hours later, they pulled me from Chinese and told me that I'd be learning Spanish (because it will be easier to find a post that Malachi is cleared for that way).

I'm working with my CDO (Career Development Officer) to explore all our options, but I'm having a tough time not feeling discouraged. Oh well.

Banner updated.

3 comments:

  1. Don't lose hope! It seems that this kind of thing is actually pretty common. I was in the 144th, and at least three people from my class have had their assignments changed since flag day. It's a bummer to give up after already starting to make plans, but you'll definitely end up somewhere with a lot of advantages - here's hoping you figure out soon where that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may sound kind of stupid to say this, but I really believe everything happens for a reason. I'm sorry about the big cartoon-sized wrench. I know it's a bummer for you guys. But I hope you will end up somewhere really awesome that you will really love and that everything will work out great in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know you were a blogger! I'm sorry about the wrench, but Spanish is a useful language and hopefully you can go somewhere Chinese-speaking next time!

    ReplyDelete