Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tennis!

I actually got out to play some tennis on Wednesday. I spent about one and a half hours with a bunch of friends from my A-100. I'm about as good/bad as I thought. That is, I'm fairly coordinated but really don't know anything about tennis (read: how to play). Years of ping-pong seem to have helped little. We didn't play any actual games because we were all newbies; we just smacked the ball around a bit. Afterwards I was dead-tired but felt great.

It was so much fun that I played again on Thursday for two hours. This time we did play real games, which was very different. The players (other than me) were more experienced and the rallies were short. I did less running but was just as tired. I felt pretty bad for my partner. He's a competitive guy and I was more of a liability than anything. I need to work on my serve.

I got to practice my serve today when I played for FOUR hours. Ouch. I can tell I'm improving, but I still feel bad for my partner(s). Sara and Malachi came to watch after their naps. Malachi loves to encourage people who are playing games. His timing is sometimes off, but his words are always appreciated.

We had a nice trip to Baltimore yesterday and today, but I'll let Sara tell about it on her blog.

1 comment:

  1. I thought your serve was really good yesterday babe. You're doing well in your "training."

    ReplyDelete