Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Packrat

Apparently, I’m a packrat. We came to MN to go through the many boxes we had stored at my parents’ house for the last 6 years. But there was a distinct pattern with almost every box: cut it open, look inside, Sara: "More of your crap, babe."

Out of roughly 25 boxes, only 5-6 were exclusively Sara’s stuff, and at least 15 were exclusively mine. I found a couple of old treasures, like a chunk of the Berlin Wall, my Micro Machines (as previously mentioned), and my old pig puppet, Francoine. I estimate that we ended up trashing about 1/5 of the total contents of our storage, and donating about ¼ of it to goodwill. We left a tidy pile of boxes in the attic.

We’re hoping that the shipment dates from MN to storage and from storage to our first post will work out such that we could bring some of those items. But if not, we can always grab them before our second post. I figure if we’ve done alright for 6 years without them, we can stand another 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment