Friday, June 12, 2009

Waked Up

“I already waked up!” was the announcement that jarred me from deep dreaming to fully awake. For the first time ever, Malachi got up on his own instead of calling for mommy & daddy. We’ve been trying to get him to do that for months, but I wish he had picked a different day--like a day when Sara had been in bed too (I suspect she stayed up all night reading--I haven’t seen her yet this morning).

This is the last day of our Minnesota trip, and one week from tomorrow we move into our new place in D.C. We’ve had a great time here--we accomplished out goal in less time than we thought, and have visited with lots of friends and family. We have one more friend/family gathering tonight and then we leave early tomorrow for Dallas.

Tomorrow is our going away open house and dinner with friends. Sunday we have a gathering after church with more friends, and Monday the movers come. We’ll be in a hotel for our last three nights in Texas.

Ok, I’ve written slowly enough that everyone else is up. I was right about the all-night reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment