Friday, July 31, 2009

Blasts from past(s?)

Last weekend was my 10-year high school reunion. Sara and I flew to Minneapolis on Saturday afternoon with just enough to time to do a little shopping and check-in to our hotel before heading to the restaurant. Overall it was a very pleasant experience--turns out many people were as nervous as I was about forgetting names, faces, etc.

A lot of my closest friends didn't attend, but I've seen/spoken with most of them with some regularity anyway. My wonderful wife tolerated us staying longer than we probably should. The most interesting thing was seeing how most people DON'T change. We'll see if that holds true in 10 more years.

The next morning we drove out to our old church, where I attended from age 11(ish) until I moved to Texas six years ago. It was like another reunion (minus the alcohol) except that I remembered the people a lot better. After church we grabbed lunch and headed back to the airport so I could be back on Monday for ConGen (next post). Sara stayed in MN for the week (Malachi was already there). They come home this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment