Friday, July 17, 2009

The Woods

This week, my orientation class had our offsite training at "The Woods" in West Virginia. This is a legendary part of A-100 and it did not disappoint. I'm not really at liberty to discuss exactly what goes on, but I will say that it's focused on leadership training.

It was also a great social opportunity. They say that your orientation class becomes your Foreign Service family, so social interaction is very important. In fact, Sara is out bowling with some of my classmates as I write this (I came home after dinner to put Malachi to bed).

I'll try to post again tomorrow about some of the other exciting things that happened this week. but there are two big headlines for now:

1. Our REAL air shipment finally arrived!
2. We find out where our first post will be on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED The Woods and I am still very close with lots of the folks from my group there (and with lots of folks from my A-100 in general, but you know now how the Woods can be).

    Congrats on joining the service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see where you will be heading : ) You have a beautiful family, I have visited your wife's blog as well. My hubby goes to orientation in September, he is a Family Physician. We cannot wait to hear where we are heading also : ) For know I can get excited for you all~

    ReplyDelete